What is PayU Network Token solution?
Network Tokenization processes card payments by replacing the card details with a network-issued token, this leads to higher approval rates and more secure sensitive customer card information. Tokenization provides an additional layer of security by replacing sensitive payment information with the unique token, thereby reducing the risk of data breaches, and enhancing customer experience.
We offer Network Tokenization using a pass-through model. This solution is available for Visa and Mastercard cards, specifically in Brazil and Argentina.
To use the Tokenization feature, it is necessary to enable it in your PayU account. To do so, contact your sales representative, or if you don’t have one, please send an email to:
NoteIn a pass-through model, the merchant should tokenize the payment card in the first place with an external token requestor provider. After doing so, the merchant will be able to transact using the previously generated token as explained in the section How does Network Tokenization work? on this page.
How does this solution benefit your business?
- Improve approval rates: The authorization process becomes more streamlined as the required token information is readily accessible to Mastercard and Visa franchises, resulting in improved conversion rates.
- Enhanced security: Tokenization adds an additional layer of security by replacing sensitive payment information with a unique token, thus reducing the risk of data breaches.
- Improved customer experience: By providing tokenized transactions, customers can enjoy a seamless and secure payment experience, thereby enhancing their trust and satisfaction.
- Increased payment options: Tokenization facilitates the acceptance of multiple payment methods through the acquirer, thereby expanding the available options for customers.
- Compliance with industry standards: Implementing tokenization aligns with the industry´s best practices and regulatory requirements, guaranteeing compliance with data security standards.
- There are no additional fees.
How does Network Tokenization work?
- Contact your sales representative.
- Update your integration code. Please keep in mind that this functionality is supported only through API integration.
- Test the functionality and go live.
Everything else remains the same!