Administrative module - tokenization
How it works
The "tokenization" product includes two separate processes:
The available features of the tokenization product are:
- Individual credit card registration
- Massive credit card registration
- Individual online charge
- Massive online charges
- Token consultation
- Erase of token
Individual credit card registration
This feature lets you enter credit card data individually from a paying customer. The system will encrypt the data and generate a token code, with which you can safely make collections.You will need the following data to perform the tokenization process:
- Payer ID ( unique payer identifier in your store)
- First and last name of the cardholder (the cardholder’s data match what is displayed on the credit card).
- Franchise. (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Number of credit card
- Expiration date of credit card
- Paying customer’s identification number
01.To register a credit card and obtain the "Token", you must enter “Charges with token” and then “Credit Card Register”, fill out the required fields, and click the send button.
02. The system receives information and performs the registration process of the credit card. In response, it will generate and return the “token”, the partially visible number of the credit card, the franchise, and the payer’s id.
Massive credit card registration
This feature allows you enter a batch of up to 14,000 records, including credit card data from your customers. The system will encrypt this data and generate the corresponding token codes, with which you can safely make charges.
To use this feature you must create a CSV file with the fulfills the following requirements:
- Each credit card record to be tokenized, must have the registration data of a credit card separated by commas in the following order:
- The file must not have a header. The first line will be the first record.
- The file must be encoded in UTF-8 standard
- The file must not have more than 15000 (14000) records.
01. To make the massive credit card registration and to get the "Token", for each of them, you must enter, “Charges with Token” and then the “Massive Credit Card Registration”, Next, click the button to attach and select the CSV file with the credit card records to be tokenized.
Select the file to attach
02. When you attach a file, the system will receive it and creates a new registration processing batch with the following information:
• Batch number: unique batch identifier generated by the system from a tokenized credit card file.
• Creation date: Upload date of the file.
• Processing date: Date of which the system completely processes the file.
• State: The batches can be found in the following states
03.Once the batch has been successfully processed, you may check the resulting token in the column with the details. You can click on the “See” link and the system will show you a CSV file that contains:
• Token generated for the credit card
• Payer ID: Your shop`s unique identifier of the payer.
• Franchise (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
• Partially visible credit card number
• Cardholder name
• Cardholder document
• Creation date
• ID Shop
• Lot number
• Error description
Online charge with token
EThis feature allows you to make collections using a "Token" code that previously created by our system and safely stored the credit card data of your customers:
- Account ID: ID of the virtual PayU account to associate the transaction with it.
- Sequential code of the credit card “Token”
- Security code: This field is optional and is required only in the event that financial institutions require us to send it.
- Number of installments: You can set 1 to 12 installments.
- Buyer E-mail: This element is optional. It will be associated with the transaction’s information and used for sending notification of the collection.
- Sales Reference: PayU restrictions apply to shops that handle the unique reference validation scheme.
- Sales description.
- Currency: ISO code of the currency used in the transaction
- Total Value: Must include the tax.
- Base tax refund.
- Additional value.
- Language: Take it into account for sending notifications in the purchase process.
01. To perform an online collection using theToken of a credit card, you must enter " "Charges with Token and then “Online Charge”, fill out the required fields, and click the send button.
02. After processing the transaction, the system will display the results on the screen:
Massive charges with token
This feature allows you to make collections, using the “Token” codes previously created by our system and with which the credit card data from your customers were stored safely.
To use this feature you must create a CSV file with the following conditions:
- Each transaction record to be processed must contain comma separated processing data in the following order:
•Sequential code of the credit card “Tokenized”.
• Security Code: This field is optional and is required only in the event that financial institutions require us to send it.
• Number of installments: You may set from 1 to 12 installments.
• Sale reference.
• Sale description: PayU restrictions apply to businesses that handle unique reference validation schemes.
• Buyer’s email: This element is optional. It will be associated with the transaction information and is used for sending notification of the payment.
• Currency: ISO currency code used in the transaction.
• Total value: Must include the tax.
• Tax return base value.
• Additional value
• Language (ISO): ) It is important for send notifications in the purchase process. See supported language tables here for handbooks.
- The file must have no header. The first line is the first record.
- The encoding of the file must in the UTF-8 standard.
- The file must have no more than 10000 records.
01. For massive online charges, you must click on “Charges with Token” then “Massive Online Charges”, click the attach button, and select the CSV file with the records of transactions to process.
Select the file to attach:
02.When you attach a file, the system will receive it and create a new batch record to process with the following information:
• Batch number: Unique batch identifier generated by the system from a credit card file to tokenized.
• Creation date: : Date when the file was uploaded
• Processing Date: Date when the system processes the file completely.
• Status: The batches can be found in the following statuses: ERROR, PENDING, PROCESSING, PROCESSED.
|ERROR||The attached file contains at least one error in one of its records, which is why it was not processed. In this case, in the column with the details you can click on the "Errors" link and in response you will get a file containing the details of the errors found in the file|
|PENDING||The system is waiting to process the file.|
|PROCESSING||The system is processing the file.|
|PROCESSED||The file does not contain any errors after being validated and all of its records are processed by the system|
03. Once the batch is processed, the system will deliver you a CSV file that contains:
• Payer’s ID
• Buyer’s Email
• Sale Description
• Transaction ID ID of the PayU transaction.
• Authorization Code
• Processing Date
• Response Code
• Credit card’s partially visible number
This feature allows you to query the token of credit cards that you have registered.
You can query with the following parameters:
- Payer ID: Unique identifier of the payer in your shop
- Sequential code of credit card token“Token”
- Range of dates (Start Date - End Date)
01. To query one or more “Token” you must enter "Charges with Token” then “Token Management”, define the desired query parameters, and click on the check button.
02. When performing the query, the system will return a list of all records found with the following information:
• Date of Registration
• Payer’s ID
• Sequential code of credit card Token.
• Partially visible credit card number
This feature allows you to delete a record of a tokenized credit card, so that it will not be possible to collect again using the sequential Token code generated for it. To delete a token the required data includes:
- Payer’s ID: unique identifier of the payer in your store.
- Sequential code of credit card "token"“Token”.
01. You must enter “Charges with Token” then “Token Management”, and then query the token you want to remove. When you find it in the query results column, click “Unsubscribe”.
02. Next click on the “Unsubscribe” link, The system will prompt you to confirm the deletion of the token.
03. By accepting this action, the system will inform you of the deletion of the token.